Month: May 2019
In minutes released from the February Monetary Policy Meeting of the Reserve Bank Australia,board members noted that the marked drop in housing prices in Sydney (12%) and Melbourne (9%),
since their respective peaks in 2017, was “unusual” given the current low mortgage interest rates
and declining unemployment.
Reserve Bank of Australia, Minutes of the Monetary Policy Meeting of the Reserve Bank Board, 5 February 2019,
Elsewhere in Australia, housing prices fell in Perth and Darwin, remained flat in Adelaide and Brisbane,
but increased in Hobart and Canberra during 2018.
Overall, Australian house prices are down by 8% and now sit “back around mid-2016 levels”, the board said.
Why have house prices dropped?
The drop can be attributed partly to the fact that “the supply of housing does not respond quickly to changes
in demand”, according to the RBA.
House prices peaked in 2017 when housing supply across Australia had not increased sufficiently to match
rapid population growth and the board noted there is now a visible decline in demand from foreign buyers,
contributing to an overall lower demand for housing.
Is now the time to buy property?
With house prices at a low across much of Australia and the official cash rate on hold at 1.50%, 2019
could be the year to take a step onto or up the property ladder.
Contact us for a free consultation on how to get started!
We have 4 apartments at Brunswick 1-5 York, Vic 3055 ready for sell by end of this year and beyond
… Real People
… Real Networking
… Real Results
We are working on a e-Learning content piece for next few months on how to use real estate to build what I can call an “FU Wall”. Trust me when I say this is going to be ridiculous! Stay tuned for the update or emails next week – you will definitely want to get access to this (no charge) If you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter yet, you better do so now.
Meanwhile listen to Daniil Kleyman’s story of how he got started in real estate (after getting fired from his job) and his journey from living with his parents at 28 to now owning a $20 million real estate portfolio (and growing). [Podcast here]
The dark cloud that surrounded many investors has been lifted after the Federal election. Prior to federal election, many investors were jittery when Labour Party announced that they would scrape away “negative engineering”policy if they were voted into power.
This caused a lot of uncertainty for many investors in Australia to hold onto their money. Now since LP is not in power, there is a positive atmosphere in the real estate industry.
Real estate agents are already reporting that there is more optimism. There is more listing of properties on the market than in the last few months prior to election.
Australians have rejected risk taxation changes of scraping of negative engineering. Most people in Australia store their wealth in housing market, therefore most investors were going to be affected if the negative engineering was policy was changed.
It has been reported that banks are loosening their lending criteria that was recommended by APRA last year. Most of the four large banks are ready to lend you money.
APRA has advised banks to lower the serviceable lending bar to 7.2% since the Reserve Bank has not raised the interest rate since October last year. The trend may continue for few months. This is aimed to bring back investors to the housing market.
You can find good deals out there now between 3.6% and 6.6% interest only loans. Credit tightening is more loosening. now. This is the right time to purchase properties while the prices are plummeting. You can buy and hold then sell when prices become favourable.
In 2008 my wife and I bought this membership to make it easier to travel and enjoy more vacation at a reduced price. Since then we have saved thousands of dollars on travel and accommodation even on peak weeks of the year. Our investment has paid off. Below are some of the benefits you will enjoy as a REN member:
- Your Renaissance membership (Your Ultimate Lifestyle Passport) now to gain access to UNLIMITED weeks of yearly usage. You’ll have access to the same amazing inventory of properties including many from Wyndham, Marriott, Hilton, Shell, Welk, and Resorts throughout the acclaimed RCI & San Francisco Exchange Networks.
- You have ZERO timeshare entanglements (no ongoing mortgage payments, or forced “weeks” you have to “use or lose”), simply use your membership when you want to access the EXACT timeshare properties, but without any of the timeshare headaches.
- You join the “purchasing power” of over 20,000 private members, which allows the Resorts to offer their weeks inside our club without having to pay high advertising costs…which is how we save our members upwards of 60-90% off Expedia & Travelocity public pricing.
- Your membership will give you the feeling of having thousands of mini-vacation homes & condominiums…built alongside the finest mountains, theme parks, lakes, golf courses, oceans and beaches of the world…waiting your arrival for only $398 – $799 per week (most of the Resorts have balconies, kitchens, living rooms, master bedrooms, and even kid’s activities…you may never want to stay at a hotel again).
We have partnered with https://www.idealsource.org/ to offer you 5 star accommodation at 80% less than expedia retail prices worldwide.
The payment is one time for 100 years transferable to family members in case of death. Not only that but you can earn an extra 3K per sale as a “thank you” from the company for sharing this fantastic travel club membership with interested holidaymakers. Thousands of ordinary people are crushing it every month, some have left their day job and enjoy travelling to many places in the world.
Take advantage of this travel club membership and enjoy cheaper holidays!
With the current consumer scepticism online, you need to display some of the known sticky sales Trust seals on your website. These seals will counteract any negative comments that can easily hurt your business.
Benefits of a seal on your website
- Avoid the current global online sales slump. (3 factors that are hurting small and medium-sized web-businesses the most.)
- The “silent online sales killer” that is slaying a percentage of your sales every day. (The average shopping cart abandonment rate is currently 63.68%, and has grown every year since 2007. There is something simple you can do to help yours.)
- How the new Super-Seal” can help your eBusiness navigate this “Perfect Storm” and sail through to increased profits.
- The psychological triggers inside the Web 3.0 “HONESTe—Super-Seal” that can increase sales conversions, opt-in rates, clicks, “stickiness”, and boost overall website activity.
YES, let’s do it! This is exactly what my website needs. When you join HONESTe today, you will receive 2 free surprise gifts, free weekly eMarketing Tips, and you will be able to use the Web 3.0 “HONESTe—Super-Seal” absolutely free for 30 days.